Monday, October 27, 2008

Progressions and Advancements in three games

The Three games I have decided to discuss progression on are; Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Socom: Confrontation and Grand Turismo 5: Prologue.

---------------------------------





The first game I will discuss (keeping to my normal pattern) is COD4. When I think about progression with COD4 I think about the different prestige levels and different aspects of weapon advancement. In my previous blog post I talked about prestige levels so please feel free to reference that. The weapon progression works like this; all three weapon classes have different upgrades you can attach to make your gun easier to use, there are different camouflage patterns you can unlock by achieving a certain amount of required head shoots, the final upgrade you can achieve are perk upgrades you can apply to certain classes that you as the user create.

---------------------------------





The second game I will review for progression aspects are, Socom: Confrontation. I have only recently bought this game so for the progression I have noticed so far are in rankings. This is typical for most military games. This consists of your rank, how long you have played, how many deaths you have caused, how many deaths you have received, headshots, time played, etc… This ranking system is a global one so all of the other players can compare how well they are doing against the world.

---------------------------------





The third and final game I will talk about is Grand Turismo 5: Prologue. This is a fantastic racing game exclusive for Play Station. Progression is measured in the form of unlocks. You have car unlocks and you also have car paraphernalia unlocks, these are different things you can add to your car like spoilers, mufflers, nitro, tires, rims, etc… In addition to all of these upgrades you can also view an online ranking system that other people can compare to your rank to see how they are doing against different friends and the world.

No comments: